Clearwater Marine Aquarium (CMA) has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our commitment to privacy for our visitors, members, donors, newsletter subscribers and retail customers. This privacy statement may change at any time with any changes posted on this page. Should you have additional questions, comments or concerns please contact us.
CMA collects and maintains the following types of donor information when it is voluntarily provided to us:
- Contact information such as name, address, telephone number and e-mail address
- Giving information
- Information on events attended, publications received and special requests for program information
- Information provided by the donor in the form of comments and suggestions
This confidential information is kept on file for IRS purposes. It is also used to analyze overall giving patterns in order to make more accurate budget projections, as well as to understand donors' interests in our mission and to update them on the organization's plans and activities. This information is shared with staff, board members, volunteers and consultants only on a confidential and need-to-know basis.
Clearwater Marine Aquarium does not sell, rent, trade or share its donor list with any other organization.
A Donor Bill of Rights
PHILANTHROPY is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To ensure philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the not-for-profit organizations and causes they support, we declare all donors have these rights:
I. To be informed of the organization's mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
II. To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization's governing board and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
III. To have access to the organization's most recent financial statements.
IV. To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
V. To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
VI. To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
VII. To expect all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
VIII. To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
IX. To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
X. To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
- Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP)
- Association for Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP)
- Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE)
- Giving Institute: Leading Consultants to Non-Profits
- Independent Sector
- National Catholic Development Conference (NCDC)
- National Committee on Planned Giving (NCPG)
- Council for Resource Development (CRD)
- United Way of America
- Download Donor Privacy
- E-mail Privacy
- E-mail Privacy
Your e-mail address will only be used within CMA. Your e-mail address is stored on secure servers in a mail file accessible only to those staff members responsible for initiating e-mails to you. We do not give away, share, sell or rent e-mail addresses to anyone outside CMA.
Mail List Removal
If you wish to be removed from our e-mail or postal mailings, please e-mail us at email@example.com and request removal, or or call 1-727-441-1790. E-mail addresses returned to CMA as "permanently undeliverable" will be removed automatically from our e-mail lists. Postal mailings returned as "addressee unknown" or undeliverable will be automatically removed from our mailing lists.
CMA Registration and Order Forms
- CMA, both on our web site and in paper format, uses registration and order forms for customers to make donations or register for various services.
- These registration and order forms may require users to give us contact information (such as name, address and e-mail address) and payment information.
- Contact information from these forms is used to fulfill orders, send acknowledgments and requested information. The customer's contact information is also used to contact the customer when necessary in order to fulfill a transaction.
- User payment information is used only for credit card authorization and billing in the process of completing user-initiated transactions.
- Contact information will also be added to CMA's mailing and e-mail lists to inform you about upcoming events, current news and other information.If you wish to be removed from our e-mail or postal mailings, please see Mail List Removal section above. (Transaction-related contact information will be retained securely per legally required information retention policies in any case).
- Contact information will only be used within CMA, stored in secure files accessible only to those staff members responsible for initiating contact to you from the Aquarium. We do not give away, share, sell or rent your contact information to anyone outside CMA.
If you are under 13 (thirteen) years old, please talk to your parents before using the website or providing your name or other information to the website. You cannot submit information to the website without your parent’s permission.
CMAquarium.org (also known as SeeWinter.com) contains links to other external web sites that do not fall under the CMAquarium.org domain. CMAquarium.org is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such external web sites.
From time to time CMA, or its designate, may place a cookie on your computer. A "cookie" is a small line of code that is stored in your browser when you visit a cookie-enabled Web site. A cookie allows us to track and keep records on user activity. Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies. If you set your browser to reject cookies, it is possible that some parts of the Web site will not function. Moreover, in order to use the Services, your browser must accept cookies.
CMA offers an email marketing program which includes the official newsletter, merchandise offers, special activities and more. You may sign up for this service by providing an email address. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link found in the footer of all emails sent by CMA.
CMA is extremely conscientious about protecting children's privacy and we follow these guidelines:
We do not collect online contact information from or about children (under age 13) without prior parental consent or parental notification, which will include an opportunity for the parent to prevent use of the information and participation in the activity. Without prior parental consent, online information will only be used to respond directly to the child's request and will not be used for any other purpose. Children's contact information will not be added to any database or mailing list without prior parental consent.
Online Contest and Giveaways Terms
The following terms apply to all CMA’s contests and giveaways on official channels, including official CMA’s pages on social networks, unless noted otherwise.
1. To win any prize or giveaway, you must be 13 years of age or older, meet all of the eligibility requirements, and agree to these Terms and Conditions and the Privacy Statement that applies to any contest or giveaway.
2. Eligibility to win any prizes is subject to paragraphs 4 and 5 below. Residents of all countries are eligible to win prizes, provided any winner is otherwise eligible pursuant to these Terms and Conditions.
3. No purchase is necessary to participate. Contest and giveaways are void where prohibited.
4. Only one entry per person will be counted for any Contest or giveaway. CMA reserves the right to change, modify, or end a Contest or giveaway if it appears someone is attempting to send multiple and/or automated entries or otherwise interfere with a Contest or giveaway. The submission of more than one entry automatically disqualifies the person submitting multiple entries from a Contest or giveaway.
5. Entries become property of CMA and will not be returned. The submission of any entry into a Contest or giveaway shall constitute the express agreement of the person submitting such entry to the terms and conditions of the Contest or giveaway and any determinations made by CMA or other company connected to a Contest or giveaway. In addition, any eligible Contestant who may be eligible to win a prize must comply with the affidavit as described below, non-compliance with the terms and conditions of such paragraph will constitute a forfeiture of any prize without compensation and without recourse.
6. A representative of CMA will contact the winners by e-mail within 5 business days of the conclusion of a Contest or giveaway.
7. CMA shall have no liability in connection with the awarding or use of any prizes or giveaways other than upon receipt within the specified time frame of the winners' affidavits of eligibility and release, to send the prizes to the winners at the address listed in the winner's registration.
8. Each winner must grant CMA and its designees, of the right to use the winner's name and likeness in advertising and otherwise, except where prohibited by law.
9. Should there be a dispute over the identity of a Contestant, it shall be resolved in favor of the holder of the e-mail account used to enter the Contest or give-away. If any winner provides incorrect information that precludes delivery of the prizes, such winner forfeits any prize that he or she may have been eligible to win.
10. Any decisions of CMA regarding winners shall be final and binding.
11. CMA reserves the right to cancel any Contest or giveaways for any reason CMA deems necessary. CMA may change any terms and conditions applicable to any Contest or giveaway in its sole discretion at any time.