BOATING AND SNORKELING ADVENTURES
Our 90-minute SeaLife Safari eco-boat tour includes a narrated scenic ride by one of our Marine Life Specialist to a shell island. Your group will witness data collection in action as we perform a net pull and then provide interesting and educational facts about the sea creatures before releasing back to the bay. This is a hands-on ecological experience for groups of all ages and an easy add-on to a group visit to CMA!
Private Group Charters Have a particular topic you want to discuss with your group or a particular lesson plan to cover? Schedule a private SeaLife Safari group charter and customize the eco-tour experience with the assistance of one of our Marine Life Specialists.
- Time: 9:00am only
- Price: $18.95 for adults, $12.95 for students (does not include admission)
- Group Size: 25 to 86 passengers (Groups of 43 or more will be broken into two groups, each receiving an identical boat trip at the same time. Please plan accordingly.)
Public SeaLife Safari Tours
- Price: $18.95 for adults, $17.95 for seniors (ages 60+), and $12.95 for children (ages 3-12)
- Group Size: 10 to 43 passengers
Hop aboard Clearwater Marine Aquarium's education vessels for an immersive experience. Custom adventures include an hour-long snorkel experience, as well as a narrated scenic trip by one of our Marine Life Specialists. During the snorkeling adventure, students can get up-close with many of the area's intertidal animals within the protected waters of Clearwater Bay. Sea urchins, crabs, sea stars, and snails are among the common finds. We customize this program to each age group so students are always within standing depth water. You will need to provide your own snorkeling gear and towels.
- Time: Dependent on tidal conditions and group age
- Price: $20 per person
- Group Size: Maximum of 35 passengers
How to register:
To reserve your group visit, please call (727) 441-1790 ext. 252. Two weeks' advance registration and payment for all boating and snorkeling programs.
- Please read our Inclement Weather Policy prior to booking and let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
- Try to book your group visit at least 1 month ahead of time. Keep in mind, we are busier in the spring time and tend to book up faster!
- Please provide 1 chaperone for every 10 students, 1 chaperone for every 5 special needs students.
- Use our "Chaperone Information Page", located in the Educational Planner, to help keep your group organized prior to and during your visit.
- If your students require extra assistance, a sign language interpreter, or other accommodations, please let CMA know two weeks prior to your visit so we may do our best to provide you with a great experience!
- Remember that CMA admission is not included and must be reserved in addition to your boating or snorkeling program.
- Bring your confirmation e-mail with you on the day of your visit.
- Arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your scheduled time to allow for parking and walking time
- Send one group leader to check in while the rest of the group remains with the vehicles.
- Download one of the prepared itineraries below to make the most of your CMA educational experience!