Careers at Clearwater Marine AquariumJoin Our Team
Environmental Operations Associate
POSITION TITLE: Environmental Operations Associate
REPORTS TO: Environmental Operations Team Lead
EXEMPT OR NON-EXEMPT: Non-Exempt
PERCENTAGE OF FULL-TIME EMPLOYMENT: part-time temporary
An Environmental Operations (E/O) Associate is responsible for the daily cleaning, both interior and exterior, of the aquarium. To provide both guest and staff a safe and sanitized atmosphere by keeping the facility neat, orderly and clean. This (1st/2nd/3rd) shift position requires open availability for weekends and weekdays.
Possess the following attributes and abilities to:
- Lift up to 50lbs to waist level – Frequently.
- Lift up to 20lbs to shoulders and above head – Moderate Frequency
- Walk/stand for long periods of time – Frequently.
- Maneuver safely on uneven terrain or in tight spaces – Frequently.
- Safely climb ladders when needed – Moderate Frequency.
- Squat, bend, kneel, twist and reach – Frequently.
- Reach above the shoulders – Frequently.
- Push and pull larger equipment – Moderate Frequency.
- Work outdoors in all weather conditions and adapt to changing weather – Frequently.
- Work indoors, under cover without air conditioning or heat – Frequently.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform general custodial responsibilities such as vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, dusting, scrubbing, trash removal, restroom care, sanitization, etc. with efficiency and attention to detail.
- Be able to follow safety protocols during cleaning tasks.
- Be able to efficiently follow a cleaning schedule and a Standard Operating Procedure at all times.
- Utilize equipment (floor scrubbers, vacuum cleaners, ladders, floor burnisher, etc.) to accomplish tasks.
- Perform special cleaning tasks as directed from Supervisor.
- Assist with Facilities Projects as directed by the department Supervisor.
- Provide excellent customer service for guests and staff with regards to information, directions or assistance as requested.
- Replace light bulbs.
- Replace ceiling tiles.
- Safely operate hand tools to perform light maintenance tasks as assigned by Supervisor.
- Safely operate cleaning equipment to perform daily assigned duties.
- Properly maintain cleaning equipment.
- Safely handle cleaning chemicals to perform daily assigned duties.
- Carry the company provided radio and efficiently respond to environmental operation’s needs.
- Great time management skills and be able to multitask.
- Efficient in daily activities.
- Great communication skills with both staff, other departments and guests.
- High work performance standards to all work related activities.
- Attention to detail on every task. Be a team player by positively supporting team members in our goals.
- Possess the ability to use Microsoft Office and other internet based apps/websites.
- Follow the company dress code at all times.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- 2 years janitorial/maintenance duties preferred.
The Clearwater Marine Aquarium reserves the right to revise job descriptions or work hours as required.