Sea Turtle Awareness Day 2019
Clearwater Beach, Florida 33767 United States
Join our Sea Turtle Conservation Team for a special day focused on sea turtle nesting and conservation at Pier 60 in Clearwater Beach! Learn what you can do to help protect these endangered marine animals and participate in coastal cleanup activities on the beach and in the water.
Activities and Fun for the Family:
- Beach Cleanup at Pier 60.
- Educational games for kids.
- Children’s Latin dance group.
- Sea turtle nesting stake painting.
- Nest site and other educational displays.
- Live music, local vendors and food!
Free t-shirt and goodie bag for all cleanup participants! (While supplies last.)
Tips & Reminders:
- Please meet at Pier 60 at 8 a.m. to sign in.
- Limited parking is available at Pier 60 for an hourly fee. View Parking Map.
- Please bring your own utility or garden gloves if you have them to reduce plastic waste.
- Additional gloves, burlap bags, and buckets will be available to collect items.
- Participants will bring items back to Pier 60 to receive a goodie bag.
In an effort to be more environmentally friendly, we will be using buckets instead of plastic trash bags.
Please bring the following items with you:
- Reusable water bottle.
- Comfortable walking shoes.
We will also be accepting any donation items from our Sea Turtle Nesting Wish List.
Special thanks to Duke Energy, for supporting our sea turtle and beach conservation efforts.