OUR EXPANSION PROJECT WILL ENABLE CMA TO:
Rescue more dolphins by TRIPLING our dolphin habitat space.
Tripling our rescued dolphin habitat space – Consisting of five connecting areas, with approximately 1.5 million gallons of water, nearly triple the current amount. This enhanced, more natural habitat will be home to non-releasable dolphins Winter, Hope, PJ and Nicholas.
Provide CMA’s expert, specialized care for TWICE as many animals as we do now, including new species.
We will be able to provide more animals who cannot return to their original habitats with larger, purpose-built living spaces
Educate more children and families in our community about marine life and its interaction with the environment by DOUBLING our education space
The expanded capacity and capabilities within the new facility will support our ability to run multiple programs simultaneously, increasing our educational impact and allowing CMA to establish an environmental legacy for generations to come.
QUINTUPLE and modernize our guest spaces, provide 400 more parking spaces and much more!
Expanded guest areas – Total new guest space of 197,500 sq feet, and more hospital facilities for our rescued marine life.
We are expanding in order to meet the increasing demands of:
- Rescue, rehab and release of marine animals. We just experienced our busiest sea turtle rehab year ever and need more space as this important work continues to increase.
- Expanding research into saving the lives of more marine animals and protecting our environment.
- Meeting the needs of the tens of thousands of children and wounded soldiers who have bonded with Winter and our other rescued animals through their own adversity.
- Educating the next generation on marine and environmental conservation.
- Providing compelling, educational experiences for families.